Saturday, July 23, 2011

Him

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.(Philippians 4:6, John 14:1, 2Corinthians 4:17, Psalm 38:15, Psalm 3:4, John 16:33)

What have I said in the past about things not always being just coincidence? These five scriptures were sent this past week from K-LOVE, a national Christian radio station. One by one I read them and at last realized they were speaking to me on the very things I'd been sensing lately...and what I've been writing about. 

In a nutshell...don't worry...fear not...seek God and seek Him for whatever you need. If you seek, He will respond. Our trust is in Him and Him alone.

If His Word tells us these things, then maybe we really need to listen. Maybe we need to start taking God for His word, trusting Him like we've never done before. Seek Him and His guidance for our lives. Seek Him in all things. It's His "job" to help us, but we need to ask for it. 

I've heard some say He's too busy to ask directly and they seek a long gone saint. These saints are just that, gone. Jesus is here, now, He knows the beginning from the end and knows the intent of every person's heart at any given time. He's not too busy. He's omniscient...having an infinite awareness and understanding. That's our God!

He wants us to seek Him, ask Him and trust Him. He is our Mediator. He already knows all about us and what we need. Do we want to know what marvelous things He has for us? Do we want to be continually challenged by His power? Do we want to seek Him for what He wants to do within us that we might be more like Him? Our wisdom and understanding come from seeking Him. Our strength comes from seeking Him. Our protection comes in seeking Him. Our fear is diminished when we seek Him

What more can I say? 

Psalm 9:10 - And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment