Friday, June 3, 2011

And These Are My People!

I awoke at 2:30. There were words ringing in my ears. They were hard words and they were words I'd felt were rising up within me even last night at prayer at church. But I couldn't put a voice to those words then. It was as if I needed to "sleep" on it awhile.

This is a word that is hard to swallow and it's for believers, non-believers who wish to listen and learn and for the Church in general. This is a bit out of the ordinary for my blogs. Pressing the "publish" key has been difficult...not that many even read this. I spent the day dragging my feet to post...vacuuming, working in the garden and my favorite job, cleaning the litter box. Apart from the frivolity here, there's a seriousness in this message. Remember, I was awakened and needed to write.

Wake up, says the Lord. The days are getting short for the arrival of the King. No, the world will not end, but I will send my Son to bring judgment to those who do not take Me seriously. 

We heard a word last night that spoke of the Church, our church and for each of us. Too many churches are preaching in a worldly style, to bring in the masses. They/we are compromising truth for words people are more comfortable hearing. They are afraid of turning people away with a hard message of what we see happening in the world. Or maybe they don't see it happening. Not all churches view the days at hand in the same way. 

The world sleeps and is in danger of falling away if we do not hear hard words of God spoken in the pulpit. What are those words? To wake up. To listen. To heed.

Those who profess to know My Son cannot sit in arrogance and pride in the pews thinking they are safe in their salvation. There can be no complacency. Even believers will miss My return if they aren't careful and heed My words. Even My leaders, if they fail to open the eyes of My people whom they shepherd and serve. They carry a heavy load. To those I have given much, much will be expected.

The days are drawing nearer and although I love all, My holiness stands between us. And it is those who seek My holiness as it stands and do not shrink away from it who will be the remnant in the last days. Churches fail for lack of knowledge, just like the people referred to in Hosea 4:6. These are all My people. But not all My people, like those in the desert with Moses, will make the journey successfully. I see a generation arising which will not know who I am if I am not shared with this generation, and that includes both the love and the judgmental things of Me. 

There was a generation that did not know Joseph so they knew not all that I was. My righteousness is extended to all but only a few will accept. There is a fear of being looked at as holier than thou, but I tell you that is what I expect. Not in your own strength but through the power of My Holy Spirit. 

You cannot sit by idly awaiting My return. You must be tending your lamps, checking the oil and trimming the wicks in anticipation of My return. Are you ready or are you going to sit back with your comforts, ears tuned to other things? You have not seen the worst of an angry God. You see a world in turmoil and you shake your heads and wonder what's going on. What's up with Mother Nature, you ask. I spit those words out of My mouth. 

Heed My words. I am not just a loving God. I am filled with righteous indignation against even those who call Me their children when they twist the truth. They think they are secure. And these are My people! What about those who do not know Me? Hear My voice. I cannot tolerate a wishy washy belief of an Almighty God. I cannot allow My name to be bandied about like one would talk of the latest sports idol. No! I hold your life in My hands.

These last days may not be in my lifetime, but they're soon. The signs are showing this to us. We are not to lose our joy in the midst of these things, but we are to take seriously the things of God. We cannot put Him on a shelf and take Him down when appropriate for us. He cannot be hidden away in a closet somewhere to be pulled out when we think it's time to put Him on. He's an eternal God, the likes of which we cannot fully comprehend. His name is to be reverenced, not used in vain. 

He is to be the first thought by morning and last at night. What are we willing to give up to do this? This is a word for me as well as many others. Do we arise with adoration on our lips? Do we go to sleep at night with thankfulness and confidence that we have been obedient to Him? And just what is that obedience? What does it look like? We are all going to fail time and again, but what does He call us to do? Do we hear Him when He calls? Do we really know His voice? Do we want to?

If we show up week after week at church waiting to hear Him speak are we hearing Him? Are we just playing church, settling for a nice word but not willing to listen to one that stings? There is a way that seems right but is foolish to those who are perishing. Is the Church perishing? Is that second cup of free coffee tickling your fancy over the sermon? Is the sermon holding our interest? Is the message convicting? Is the message even heaven sent? 

The Word of God is truth. Those who believe these truths, who search for them, are in better standing and have a better chance of receiving the victory in the end. But some can still be misguided if our pulpits are not showing us. Truths can be hard...and they can be promises for those who believe the truth. God does not change. What He says in His Word needs to be taken seriously. But aren't we all falling a bit short? I've mentioned time and again I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Will it be in the world or of the Lord?

I was hard on Israel. Don't think I can't be hard on you too. I am not one who will accept a light hearted opinion of who I am.

1 comment: