Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ramblings


John 8:58 - Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." 

I can't help it! I can't explain it either. It's just something that wells up inside. It's a feeling. It's a knowing. It's there and it's real. It's an understanding that others don't grasp...and that frustrates me. I'm not judging or criticizing. Not at all. I only wish more people would comprehend it because it's enormous! 

More of Laurie's ramblings.....

Okay, so what this all about? It's about how a person can look outside at nature or into the eyes of children and not see God's hand in the creation of them. Every little things that is has been created...not evolved. Everything was designed with a purpose from Someone who has an handle on all things. It's hard to imagine the intricacies of all life just evolving...out of what? Even if things did evolve--I am not saying they did--if there was a big bang, Who brought them about? There had to have been a Source. The truth is, before time began, He was.

Oh, you know where I'm going here. This feeling I have is like a heart that will burst because of the knowledge that there is a Creator and that He is why I'm here today, why I am able to see what I see and know what I know, which is really not very much considering there's a lot of God's wisdom out there! I'm amazed that our Creator, God, our Father, allows us to get to this place of knowing. He has allowed my heart to well up. I'm astounded by the magnitude of what I see. There are times when the busyness of life unfortunately takes away from it for a brief time but other times it hits me like nothing I can explain and I'm in absolute awe...of an awesome God. It's like making up for lost time.

I remember as a child going deep into thought as I lay on the grass (or snow) in the front yard and stare at the stars trying to imagine the endlessness of them, knowing I only saw a handful compared to an infinite number. My thoughts always turned to God. My heart would well up. How was it He was not created but just always was? Then I met God face to face. I knew how real He was. And it was good. Being allowed a second chance and having my eyes opened. Incredible. And the knowledge keeps on coming.

There is one simple fact: He says I AM. It's a comfort to know there is a Divine Master and that He, God, is there for anyone. He is there for anyone who wishes to know Him more intimately, to get to a place where thoughts are focused on His creation, not the world's idea of how creation began. Did you know it's harder to just accept this truth than to believe what scientists say? It's that "aha" moment that happens when you just know, in the depths of your spirit, through the power of Christ.

Two recent things come to mind. I saw the ultrasound pictures of our niece's 10 week old boy. Amazing. His little head is fully shaped and beautiful. He even has little lips that seemed to be pursed! He is not evolving. He has been created by God. He is God's perfect design, one of a kind. And then I heard on the news the finding of what scientists believe to be Neanderthal teeth! They're supposedly hundreds of thousands of years old. Oh, but wait. The Bible states life began with Adam and Eve...fully human life...no evolving...6,000 years ago. The Bible can prove this. Same goes for all creatures He created...fully functional as they were created...no evolving. How can that be? Must be a mistake. I read somewhere that the Bible is where God explains His work. Science is how man tries to explain God’s work. Imagine that, man trying to explain God in their own words. 

What do we choose to believe? One belief draws us closer to God where the other separates us from Him, believing that man holds all the answers to life. So sad.

I think back on the Truth Project we did in church. Truth as the Bible sees it. The real truth. Science and scientists questioned. God's truth prevailing. There will be a day when all people will see what Truth really is. But Truth can be found today; no need to wait. The Truth is Jesus Christ. Knowing Him provides us with the wisdom we need to understand and to have these moments of awesome feeling...better than feeling, knowing. He provides the right wisdom. He is the Truth that sets us free from the world thinking. God is not the author of confusion (1Corinthians 14:33). He who holds the stars in the skies, knows when the sun needs to set and moon to rise, who fashions the glorious seasons, knows us, created us, created rules to live by that we would not need to worry, but would trust in Him alone. All we need. 

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (John 1:1, Colossians 1:17)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you salmon, you! I can hear you just about to "explode" and I'm loving it!!! Don't stop now, girlfriend ... peach it!

    ReplyDelete