Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Little Leaven

Luke‬ ‭13:20-21‬ - And again He said, “To what shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened.” 

I was reading in Luke 13 one day. The interesting scripture above appeared, like I’d never read it before. It got me thinking. Leaven...we’ve always learned, is good in baking bread but not at all good when it comes to false biblical teaching or preaching or churches inclined to do this. But here the Kingdom of God is likened to leaven! 

We are to read the Word of God, ingest it, if you will. Take it in, study, apply, share and treasure it that it would grow deep within self and others. In this Book are the words of life.
Hear, my children, the instruction of a father, and give attention to know understanding; for I give you good doctrine: do not forsake my law.
Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.
‭‭(Proverbs‬ ‭4:1-2,5,20,22‬)

Here’s the leaven were most apt to be taught about:
‭‭...Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Therefore purge out the old leaven... (1Corinthians‬ ‭5:6-7‬)

We are to let go of the former things, the things that are against the Word of God. Those things we always thought were good and okay because it’s what we were taught or we decided on our own were right, things opposed to God’s Word. Pretty much do some unlearning!

Knowing that Jesus grows within, keep the good wisdom and knowledge protected.  Avoid those who preach a different Gospel. God‘s Word is really the only book we need for learning wisdom and gaining instruction.

Reminds me:

Philippians‬ ‭4:8‬ - Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment