Friday, May 12, 2017

So.Not.Disappointed!

Romans 1:20 - For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse...


I had the privilege of waking up at 4:05 this morning. I love the quiet of early mornings. As I sat in my favorite little room with my coffee and spending time with God, I began to see the skies brighten up. Then came the first chirps...the cardinals. 

This particular morning I heard the song of the wood thrush in the woods that surround our house. I so look forward to hearing their pretty song in the morning and at dusk from spring to late summer. It's so soothing to the ears and spirit, really! 

So I determined to get out for my walk earlier than usual to see the sun come up and reflect on the lake in a nearby park. I.was.so.not.disappointed. 

I felt all morning like I had just emerged from a very tight cocoon. The sights and sounds of nature were tantalizing. It was as if I'd never seen them before. And after my walk, back home in my little room, I was captured by the flurry of birds at my feeders. We have two cardinals, fitly joined together as a couple, who are always the first at the feeders in the morning. They do not disappoint. 

It truly is the first day of return for nearly all the migrating birds for our area. Grosbeak, orioles and indigo bunting arrived. A hummingbird showed up the other day. Still waiting for my favorites, the wrens. 

But you know what all this means to me? In my admiration and excitement I am worshiping Him; I am not worshiping what God has created. I am thanking Him for bringing these to our little part of the world. This is the start of His new season, a new birth, new life in all we see around us. And even more so, all that we see is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to what is in store for those who love God. It's not the first time I've posted this but...as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1Corinthians 2:9) Perhaps it's a gentle reminder.

He gives us all we need to know of Him. We can look around and see all He has done for us here and now. How can it get much better, we wonder. If we have experienced in ourselves a new season, new birth and life, we will someday know. We see things now through our human senses but as believers in Christ, born of the Spirit, we will some day see all things differently. 

I'm simple-minded! In other words, it's the simplicity of not needing to know what heaven someday will look like. If it's better than what we perceive today, whatever it is will be beautiful because our Lord will be there and He will be the object of our adoration. 

There is only one true God. If we do not recognize this we will be missing out on so very much some day. Do we indulge or over-distract ourselves that we do not take note of the things of God? Do we let the cares of the world shadow the simple beauty of who God is? Do we close our ears, minds and hearts off to the things of God? If we do, we are in serious trouble. 

We can slip from time to time and, thankfully, He will draw us back and pick us up again out of the pit we have fallen...or jumped...into. He loves us this much. He wishes none to perish. 

So.not.disappointed. He gives new chances. He revitalizes senses and souls. He reminds us of His glorious nature...through nature and His Word. Nothing can compare to this knowledge. Nothing. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard.... It's time to take notice.

Jeremiah 5:21-22 - Hear this now, O foolish people, without understanding, who have eyes and see not, and who have ears and hear not: "Do you not fear Me?" says the LORD. "Will you not tremble at My presence, who have placed the sand as the bound of the sea, by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass beyond it?"...

No comments:

Post a Comment