Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Rock or a Hard Place?

Acts 4:11-12 - This is the "stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone." Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

I wrote the other day, as many other days, about the only way to reconciliation with God being (through) Jesus. He is also called the Door. My thoughts continue.

When we are in a dilemma and anxieties hit and we feel we are between a rock and a hard place, what do we do, where do we turn?

The message in the Church should always be: for a multitude of issues, and sins, seek first the kingdom of God. There are no multiple ways. He provides all we need: guidance, wisdom, peace, protection. Buddha can't do it, a pastor or priest can't do it, nor a rabbi; no astrologer or palm reader or spirit guide or self-help book or psychologist. There is only one way. Jesus. He can be the Rock in the midst of a hard place.

Do we ask Him daily for His wisdom, guidance and peace in all situations? Why not? If He is the way, truth and life, why wouldn't we? By the power of His Holy Spirit we can know His eye is on us, His sparrows. He will never leave nor forsake those who seek Him first. 

He will guide and give wisdom to those who seek Him through His Word and through conversing (praying) with Him. He will listen if He knows we are truly seeking.

He knows those who actively seek Him. He opens eyes, minds and hearts to them. If you knew someone who wanted nothing to do with you, did not appreciate you or pay attention to you or respect you, wouldn't you choose to shake them off? In a way, that's what God might do. He still knows everything about you and knows what you're up to, but until you pay mind to Him, He might back away and leave you to your own devices.

If, however, that person suddenly, humbly, changes their mind about you, maybe because they finally see a need to believe and trust in you and seek your guidance, wouldn't you give them a second chance? Just what God does. 

A rock and a hard place. The Rock and a hard place. The Rock is strong, solid. When you need security, He's the Rock to stand on.

2Samuel 22:2-4 - And he said: “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.”



No comments:

Post a Comment