Thursday, November 26, 2015

Worthy!

Revelation‬ ‭5:11-13‬ ‭- Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!” And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

Thanksgiving. Perfect timing, as someone said about our study on the Book of Revelation, that we hear about who we should be most thankful for. I read an article or post by someone saying something like, while for most people it's a day off work, stuffing faces and football, some look at it as a time, like Christmas, as a time to be thankful for our God. So here goes.

What I am thankful for:

First and foremost for a loving God who called me to Himself and saved me, redeemed me, called me His child. I am thankful for assurance, even in these days, of my future because of Him. He has shown me, and continues to do so, what is important: His Word and promises to those He calls His own, and the privilege to share about Him.

I am in the beginning of a study on the Book of Revelation. The first weeks have been showing us in great detail, driven into our spirits like the nails in His hands, that “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!” (Revelation‬ ‭5:12‬) Amen! He is Creator of ALL things and He is in control; no man, whether self, ruler or clergy. He alone. He is seated in the center of heaven on His throne and should be the center of our lives.

I'm thankful for my husband, my family, friends, and church family. I'm thankful for all He has created as a means to show Himself and His glorious attributes to the world and I'm thankful He doesn't stop revealing Himself in this world and that anyone who responds to His call He will receive as His own. He is so willing to give all spiritual blessings and promises to anyone who seeks Him.

I am thankful for those I know who honor Him and for those who will. All praise and honor and glory are His!

It all starts with Him. Everything else falls into place after that. That's all there is to say. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 
‭‭(2Corinthians‬ ‭9:15‬, James‬ ‭1:17)


No comments:

Post a Comment