Saturday, November 7, 2015

Fearfully Made

Psalm 139:14 - I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.
I awoke this morning at 2:45. In my head this verse came to mind. I couldn't sleep. I got up to get my thoughts down. 

The word fearfully here, besides the obvious, means: to reverence, honour, respect; cause astonishment and awe, be held in awe; to inspire reverence or godly fear or awe. (Strong's Concordance). We are to have a reverent fear of God. 

In Sunday school last week we talked a little about DNA and the incredible amount of just.one.molecule of our DNA. I couldn't find the exact article our teacher was getting his information, but here are two that similarly back up the amazing details. If you look you will see just how detailed we are...fearfully and wonderfully made! One article even brings this verse up! It's evidence of intelligent design over evolution. 

This is one amazingly intelligent Divine Designer. This Designer is the same One who spoke all things into existence. Spoke. No flourish, just "And God said..." 

Try to wrap your mind around this. Besides our looking pretty small in this world when we think we're so great, He loves us all. He has a unique plan for each one of us with a unique way of doing it. If we would so choose to do it His way, what amazing things we could be. 

Yet He still loves us all because He created each of us. He orchestrated our development. His design. And the purpose for this? So He could have a personal relationship with each one of us so we might commune with Him...the Creator of the universe. If we could but understand this. 

Imagine. It's hard, isn't it? He longs for this. He sent His only Son from His throne in heaven down to this sinful earth just to die for so that we, sinful man, could be reconciled to Himself. Plan A from the beginning of time. Never a Plan B. 

He loves YOU. You were created for His own purpose which He will reveal if you allow Him.

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. Psalms‬ ‭139:16‬ ‭
...just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love... Ephesians‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭

Not only were we known before the beginning of time, He knows all about us. We cannot hide from Him. Our thoughts are not our own. He knows them all. 

I urge you to read what He put into the heart of King David in all of Psalm 139. He's talking about you. He has done this to and for you. Does this change your idea about how big this God is and His love for you? He wants you to know Him intimately. We will never be able to know all things in this life but I believe in our death, if we have humbly received Christ as our Lord and Savior and are assured of eternal life, when we die a day will come when He will reveal if not all, but a very lot more, than we could ever imagine. 

O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. 
You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it. 
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. 
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,” even the night shall be light about me; indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You. 
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. 
My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. 
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You. 
Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God! Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men. For they speak against You wickedly; Your enemies take Your name in vain. Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies. 
Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalms‬ ‭139:1-24‬)

Shouldn't we be pondering all this? Shouldn't we respond to this God? And, yes, we can respond to Him. As great and awesome a God that He is, He wants us to come to Him. He wants us to come as little children. He wants direct communication with us. He wants intimacy with us. Why do some fear Him so much when He loves us more than we can know? 

When we humbly open our hearts and minds to receive Him, He responds. It's what He desires more than anything else. Just Him. No man or church can do this. Just God. And the only fear we should have is the fear of not knowing Him personally and choosing to live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment