Saturday, January 17, 2015

Because of One Man's Faith

Matthew 8:8,10-11 - The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed." When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven."

Jesus healed this man's servant. He did not see him nor touch him. But He saw only the faith this centurion had in Him. What a testimony this man now had and I'm sure he shared the account with anyone who would listen. And this Jesus and His Gospel was heard, shared and drew more into this same faith.

If people would hear our testimony of God having redeemed, healed, delivered and provided in our lives, how many more would seek Jesus? Because of this one man's faith there have been about two thousand years' worth of people who have come to this same faith, of whom I am one. 

Anyone who turns to Christ with this same faith will be able to sit down with some very prominent men and women in the Bible someday in the kingdom of heaven. Oh, that people would wonder in our faith and would want to hear our testimony, believe in it and believe the truth of God's Word. 

Roman's 10:16-18 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: “Their sound has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment