Monday, April 28, 2014

Sure Foundation


1Corinthians 3:10-11 - According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

I was talking to a friend the other day and as usual the things of the Lord entered into our conversation. It can't be helped because we so share in the love of Christ. We love to discuss spiritual things. They are most important and satisfying, energizing.

Somehow we got to talking about how things are playing out in the world and how we so see the last days as represented in the Bible taking shape. We see how people are lovers of self, deceit and anger and hatred rising and other things. While we do not know today who the players are in the end time events, we can discuss those who look like they fit the bill, but may not be.

To add to what we discussed, I see how God is being mocked or rejected, how there is an attempt to sweep Him under a rug or ousted out of public view. I'm so glad in my little world, He still exists on a daily basis and for many others He does also. I'm thankful we still have the freedom to talk about Him in public yet I know there will be a day when that may cease. If it's in my lifetime, that will be soon!

We might even have to go into hiding to have church, just like some other countries where worshiping God is allowed.

It is written in the Bible about a day where a one world religion and one world government will take place. Not in those exact words. This will be forced on us. Many today, even those who say they are Christians, who believe that there are many ways to God. This is a lie of the devil. And those who believe the lie, well...woe to them some day.

Jesus said He was the way, truth and life and none go to the Father except through Him. But then you need to believe the Bible to believe that...

As we talked, my friend and I, I confessed that I have a difficult time understanding parts of biblical prophecy. It's where my mind can't wrap itself around it all. Ezekiel, Daniel and Revelation in particular. I seem to have difficulty putting them together, like my mind goes blank, as it did in school during algebra, science or geography! I understand it  just enough to recognize the signs and maybe that's enough. God will reveal it in due time. I just know it won't be pretty. It won't be life as we are accustomed to, which is quickly eroding.

I am also thankful that despite any dark days where we are no longer allowed to worship God in public, no one can take our Lord from within our hearts. He can remain our hope for the days ahead. In fact, He will most likely be all the more present in our lives when more of our freedoms are removed. I am sad that others will have no hope in those days. Fear will rise up.

Doom and gloom?? No, reality. For my friends in Christ and I it is an exciting time. We have a sure Foundation.

So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?” And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them. But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.” Then He said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake. But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience possess your souls. (Luke 21:7-19)

As I read this I saw something I swear I never read before! Verse 13: But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. Yes it will. People are going to, and probably already are, wondering what is going on in this world. How can anything get worse? Or, we've recovered before, we can recover again...but will it? It's not just about what we see happening in our own country with all the corruption taking place. It's also about Israel...and Russia...and Iran...and Islam. All these things are part of the last days scenario. The pieces of the end time puzzle are getting ready to be out into place to finish the picture.

Praise God He wins in the end. Praise God as He came to save multitudes on earth, He will return with those people to live in peace on earth for a thousand years more. Woe to those who have rejected Him. Praise God there is still time to receive Christ now. He can be our sure Foundation.

When I came to Christ, April 18, 1999, 15 years ago, I thought because it was "so late" for me I needed all the training I could get and I studied. I think if the days are short, the Lord can hasten our understanding. He will put that new heart and new desire in anyone in an instant today. He is being patient that as many as will receive Him will before the end times. But His patience will give out also in His perfect timing. I would not want to be hard hearted to Him.

Isaiah 28:16 - Therefore thus says the Lord God: Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, a tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; whoever believes will not act hastily.

No comments:

Post a Comment