Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lacking Understanding

Proverbs 1:20-22 - Wisdom calls aloud outside; she raises her voice in the open squares. She cries out in the chief concourses, at the openings of the gates in the city she speaks her words: “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge."

Boy oh boy. These are some hard words.

In order to have godly wisdom we must first believe in God. Then we must receive His Son. Then we receive the power of the Holy Spirit. We have it all.

Wisdom and knowledge become ours when we search scriptures, sit at Jesus's feet and let the words of God sink into our spirits, hearts and minds. It's not that difficult. It all starts with submitting ourselves to a relationship with Jesus, not our religion.

God calls daily. His creation shows all who He is: the wonder, creativeness, complexity of  Him, His beauty and also His fierceness. Yet many miss Him.

I believe in this proverb, those who do not heed Him, search not His scriptures, are the simple ones. These are not my words. Only God knows how much He desires each of us take Him seriously. Simple here means naive or lacking experience or understanding.

I know He's God and His thoughts are greater than ours. His ways greater too. If someone agitates or offends in some way, how do you feel? I know God is different, but imagine how He feels. Perhaps it's more pity than anger; sadness that some don't see Him. He must feel both. He sent His Son as proof as to how much He cares. He allowed His Son to die for us. There's the pity. He also has shown judgment. And part of that judgment is eternal death and damnation for those who scoff, who will not take Him seriously...hating the knowledge of Him or the wisdom He wants to share...or not thinking His wisdom is all that important.

Just a thought.

Read further in Proverbs 1 as wise Solomon continues to share a rebuke to those who forsake God's call and wisdom. Sometimes I even feel rebuked when wise words are put before me! It sounds like some day all who who have disdained His counsel will realize it. He is offering wisdom to us today. He wants only good for us. Why reject that good?

Proverbs 1:23-25 - "Turn at my rebuke; surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, because you disdained all my counsel, and would have none of my rebuke..."

No comments:

Post a Comment