Sunday, March 16, 2014

In the Beginning, Wisdom...

Proverbs 8:22-23 - The LORD possessed me [wisdom] at the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I have been established from everlasting, from the beginning, before there was ever an earth.

Today my words will be few. Yesss, some of you might think! Continuing for one more session in Proverbs 8! Since all of Proverbs 8 is discussing wisdom, how interesting to read this. Wisdom was in the beginning, even before creation. And, according to other posts, who else was at the beginning? And who did I say exemplified wisdom last post? Who gives us wisdom?

If you remember, Jesus was in the beginning before time began. He was with God and was God (John 1:1). He was part of creation. Wisdom was His in the beginning because He was God. And if we really want true wisdom, it is through Christ who is wisdom (1Corinthians 1:30), that we receive it, through His Holy Spirit.

You cannot separate the words of wisdom from Jesus. He is the Word made flesh. To see it written like this just continues to amaze me. Jesus is so seen in every book of the Bible, Old to New. I so wish other to get it. It's not complicated. Yet so profound at the same time. Can you tell I don't lose my excitement? It's like I've never read this before.

God is so into the intricate details of everything. It's hard to believe He cares so much but He does. And to think some believe He is a God far removed from us, that He doesn't pay attention to all our needs, that He doesn't know everything about everything... HE is the one who created it all! Scripture says when a sparrow falls, is He not aware of it and doesn't He care? Believing these things, believing what His Word says is true wisdom.

We cannot receive true wisdom without Christ and that's all I can say. And to receive Christ we must receive Him, confess our sins, repent of them, follow Him and obey His commands. All the wisdom we need comes from one Man.

Lord, I pray You pierce hearts with this knowledge. Let it become understanding and wisdom to those who do not see. And it comes with the knowledge of Christ. I cannot do this on my own; only through You.

Proverbs 8:27-31 - When He prepared the heavens, I [wisdom] was there, when He drew a circle on the face of the deep, when He established the clouds above, when He strengthened the fountains of the deep, when He assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters would not transgress His command, when He marked out the foundations of the earth, then I was beside Him as a master craftsman; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him, rejoicing in His inhabited world, and my delight was with the sons of men.

Let me finish with the last verses of this Proverb. Think about the words Jesus preached in the New Testament. Sound familiar? Jesus=wisdom.

Proverbs 8:34-36 - "Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the LORD; but he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; all those who hate me love death."

No comments:

Post a Comment