Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thus Says the LORD God of Israel

Exodus 5:1 - Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.’"

I've mentioned before how I love how Sundays sometimes come together by the power of the Holy  Spirit when a word is spoken in Sunday school and a continuation of it occurs only by "coincidence" of God in church.

In Sunday school something was brought up about patience, waiting on God for "whatever." And how God's timing is always perfect. Just about that same time, in a flash through my spirit I heard: I'm not finished; I have more work to do. It's not yet time. I understood what it meant. And I wondered at first if I had thought those words or had they been given to me by God. Later in Sunday school more was said that drew a little tear to my eye. I knew the words were of God. So later we a marvelous song during worship that added to all I was feeling. Some of the words were:

Oh my God, you will not delay
My refuge and strength…always.
I will not fear, His promise is true.
His promise will come true...always. (Always, Kristian Stanfill)
                   
Pastor preached on Exodus 5 and 6. A phrase stood out for him: The LORD God says...

His promises are all true, always! And I heard the words myself in Sunday school and let me tell you Bible study and pastor's messages are not coordinated.

As pastor preached my mind was going in another direction. Words stood out.
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do...I am the LORD...I have remembered My covenant...I will bring...I will rescue...I will redeem...I will take...I will be...I am the LORD your God...I will bring...I will give...I am the LORD. (Exodus 6:1-8) I am the LORD was emphasized four times. Do you think God wanted Israel to take notice? Unfortunately, they did not heed Moses, because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage. (Exodus 6:9) 

I'm sure I've written something like this before, maybe a year ago when I was in Exodus then! If you are a follower of Christ, He promises never to leave you or forsake you. His promises are true for you. But…sometimes you just have to be patient. If He has given you a specific promise and it has not yet occurred, it is because He's not finished; He has more work to do; it's not yet time. All things have to be in His order and His time  for whatever it is that will come about…in God's perfect timing. Some might even become angry with God.

Some don't understand that God has promises for us. We don't have because we don't ask. In some instances we lack the relationship with God to receive His promises. I write about experiences I've had or that have happened in the Bible that others might seek that relationship and understand.

Although the following scriptures are referencing Jesus' return, they really are how we should be living out any and all things in life: But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness...Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; (2Peter 3:8,9a,14)

There you have it. Be in an attitude of peace until those things for which you wait happen. Ask Him to receive what He has to offer. Trust in Him, trust in His timing. We want things now. As was brought up in Sunday school, we are an impatient people. If we feel time has been lost in waiting, it hasn't. God has it all under control. He will restore the time in a way that we cannot understand.

Habakkuk 2:3 - For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment