Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hear My Voice


Acts 3:6-10 - Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them—walking, leaping, and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God. Then they knew that it was he who sat begging alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

Heavenly Father, this is what You desire. You desire we look to You as a Church for our healing. You ask us to take Your hand and rise up and walk. When we do we will be healed. This is not just physical but spiritual. We need to take action, to shake off those things that cause us to be deaf, dumb, blind...and lame. When we allow this in our lives we will recognize Who has done the work. We will rejoice in our healing, be renewed in our spirits. Lord, people will take notice and be filled with wonder and amazement.

I ask that this happen to the Church. Tear down walls of deception and denomination. Bring us who believe in Jesus Christ into unity. As Acts 3:15 states, we have killed the Prince of life. We have allowed ourselves to do this; we have strayed from right principles and allowed...allowed...self to control. Let that time be finished. Let righteousness begin to rise up once again in Your Church. Let our faith and worship in You once again become the focus in Your Church.

As a Church we have become ignorant in our understanding of Truth. Let us repent of that ignorance and refusal to shed our pride and arrogance and man's ways over Yours. Let us come to the altars of our churches and repent of those sins of disobedience and ignorance. Open our ears to hear what You have told us, like You did in Revelation 2 and 3: He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes:
I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God...
He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death...
I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives  it.
And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—and I will give him the morning star....
He...shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels....
I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall  go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name...
I will grant (him) to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

These were spoken to the churches that would be in these last days. Only the faithful church was good in Your eyes. The others needed work. I pray that we would heed these words and do as You say that we would become THE Church You desire. Let us become that faithful church.

Today You are standing at the door of all hearts and knocking, offering these gifts and promises to all who have ears to hear. You call out to us, "Hear My voice, let me in so I might heal you who are dead, have grown cold or lukewarm, loveless, persecuted, have compromised or become corrupt. I knock at your hearts as well as those who do not believe at all. It is time to rise up and walk. Let your lameness be no more. Do not allow yourselves to be destroyed by your self will. Let not yourselves be destroyed for lack of knowledge...and truth. The days grow short and darker. Seek me. Seek unity with the brethren for My sake."

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit, cause the hearts of the Church to return to You and the truth of Your Word return to the Church pulpits. Let repentance and revival come forth. We need to hear what is expected of us in these days. We need to hear Your voice and submit to Your will. We need to understand the power we have through Your Holy Spirit and that we need to be so dedicated as to be willing, through that power, to give our lives up for You for our faith just as You gave up Your life for us.

There must be a restoration within the Church. That begins first with me, then with each and every member of every church. Restoration comes after repentance...church-wide. We need to hear what You have spoken. We need to share what You have spoken.

You will be sifting and shaking Your Church. Who will be righteous enough to survive? Who will be willing to let go of self and lend an ear to Your Words and be obedient? Who will arise and act on Your wishes?  Let us remove the stains of sin and guilt. Let us heed Your call. Let us rise up and walk in Your ways, O God.

1Peter 4:17 - For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment