Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks!


Psalm 100:4  Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.

Another year gone by and I am still thankful for who our God is and what He has done and will continue to do (hmmmm, He is, He was and is to be).

We have seen many within our church community and neighborhoods and friend and family going through "stuff" this year. Some are struggling with finances because of job losses, some are dealing with health issues. Others are wondering what in the world is happening in this world.

Although it seems my days are not so bogged down with troubles I know they could be at the blink of an eye. I am trusting God for all things in my life, knowing that whatever I may go through, He is beside me. There's no knowing how many times He has this past year saved me from something. And I'm thankful, even though I don't know, for all He has done for me this year.

We have no idea what life in the years to come will hold for us. That is why it is important to trust only in Jesus Christ. Man can wreak havoc in the world: In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world. (John 16:33). I am most thankful for that.

The Lord is my Rock and refuge. He is the Voice in the storm that cries out for the winds and fury to cease. He reminds me to be still and know that He is God. He is the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end. My future is in His hands because He called out to me one day and I secured my place in His heavenly realm. I am reminded of the scripture that tells us, Behold, I have engraved you upon the palms of My hands... (Isaiah 49:16)

I thank my God and Savior for all He promises in His Word, which promises are for all people if they choose to seek Him and secure those promises for themselves.

Though we are told we will have troubles in this world, His peace is the foundation of our lives. I truly believe if in the midst of our troubles we continue to praise Him and thank Him, He blesses us, and grants us greater peace.

I can honestly say I thank God for all I have experienced in life because it has strengthened me and enlightened me. Oh, there were some things I could have done without but now that I have Christ in my life, the good outweighs the bad!

I'm thankful for a faithful husband, good friends, a good church, the things I have, some of which I could do without! I'm thankful for my kitties. I thank God for the eye He has given me to see the beauty of His nature right outside my door. Every day I am reminded in some way of His creativity.

Thank You, Jesus.

1Thessalonians 5:18 - in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment