Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Absolute Power


Isaiah 55:11 - So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

As my prayers went out this morning, a truth came before me. All God wants is for us to speak the truth of His Word. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is mightier than the truth of His Word. There's not much too hard to understand about that.

Psalm 119 tells us repeatedly to meditate on God's statutes and delight in them because they bring life. The psalm also shows us that God's Word is: excellent, wonderful, established, trustworthy, freeing, settled in heaven, life-giving, comforting, righteous, good, hopeful, delightful, faithful, perfect, sweet, sure, redeeming, a treasure, great, salvation, everlasting, upright, pure, just...and truth.

We can be cleansed, blessed, unashamed, filled with rejoicing and delight, strengthened, given understanding and revived by His Word. Boy, if that doesn't sound like everything a person needs in life! And God is all we need.

We are to speak the truth in love wherever we are, for any situation, into any circumstance. Nothing but the truth. In our lives...as well as in the Church. The truth can be hard to swallow, can be narrow, can divide, but when spoken IT IS the power of God because it is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12).

My prayer is that I am emboldened to do this and that the Church would as well. Imagine if pastors across the nation would "fear not" in their preaching and speak without worrying about offense to those in the congregation. Isn't it the truth we need to hear? I've heard many say it wasn't until they heard the hard word that they understood; that they needed to hear that hard word, not just the gentle words. People need to be convicted of their sin. It's how they receive God. Isn't it possible that the very power of God would take over if there were no holds barred? Imagine.

On the other hand, we are also told to watch out for those who preach a false gospel. They claim they are of God but their hearts are far from Him. They teach the words of man. (Matthew 15) This is why we need to be in the very Word of God ourselves, to understand what He says that we are able to discern truth from lies. Let the Word teach us...

When God's Word is spoken it DOES not return void. That is powerful. It is what pierces to the very depths of our souls... And we are to speak His Word whether a person wants to hear or refuse (Ezekiel 2:7). And that's what I'm alluding to here. Let the absolute power of God's Word be the thing that does the work. Not my words, not yours, but His alone. As long as I speak His Word, I do my part. God will do the rest. But I have been obedient to share His truths.

I praise God that His Word is everlasting. They will not pass away no matter what happens in this lifetime, no matter what untruths are spoken by man, my God's Word is forever.

Psalm 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment