Saturday, March 24, 2012

Desire and Delight

Zephaniah 3:17 - The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet your with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

Lord God, You are the God of all creation. You spoke and all things were created. Who can even comprehend this. Awesome is Your name. It brings an excitement and reverent fear from this heart. All glory belongs to You.

Today I only want to praise Your name. I want to sing praises to the glory of the one who created me.

I desire Your presence all about me this day...and all days. My Savior, first love, provider, redeemer, sustainer in all things.

To You be all glory. It is You I worship. It is You whose name I whisper throughout the day. It is You I put my trust in in this world that is spiraling downward in its immorality, wrong thinking, violence and absence of You. I thank You that I know truth.

You, my God, are to be cherished above all. Nothing is more important, more costly, more precious than my Savior.

You know our innermost thoughts and You knew them before time began. Who can understand? With this knowledge why wouldn't I call You my everything? It is only You who can provide what man cannot. Only You provide the perfect peace. Only You provide the one way, the narrow way, to salvation. You make me complete.

You are my heart's desire. You give me the desires of my heart, O God, so that I might share this with others near to me. Let Your love spill out from me to those nearest, Lord God.

I thank You that You have placed an excitement in my heart for You and that there is nothing I see or hear that I don't see through  the eyes You have opened in my spirit. It's like an opening of clarity of what truth is. You are forever in my thoughts and I see nothing in the same light as before knowing You, like those frontlets on the foreheads of the priests in the Old Testament.

You have put the enemy under Your feet, therefore in You I am protected, as a bird under the wings of its mother. Thank You for that personal protection.

Lord God, You delight in me. You sing over me. For all I know You dance before me! My heart does these for You today. I lift up my heart. I lift up my voice. I lift up my hands. All a sign of worship to my King. I praise You. I worship You. I adore You, my Lord. Let my worship be as delightful to You.

You are my strength and my shield. You are my righteousness and my truth. Your Word is a lamp into my feet and a light to my path. You are my peace. I delight in You for all that You provide.

Let Your manna be my sustenance this day. Let Your words be my strength and my hope, for they are the words of life to any soul who longs for You. Let the words from my lips and the meditation of my heart be solely devoted to You.

There is that old song that just came to mind that reminds me of You:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know (Lord) how much I love You.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Lord, I know that You are my Sonshine and you will not take that away from me...as long as I remain faithful to You.

Thank You, Lord, for Your covenant promises to those who seek You, who long for Your return, who look to Your Word for inspiration, truth, encouragement, rebuke and signs of the time.

Deuteronomy 7:9 - Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment