Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You ARE Healed

Psalms 107:20 - He sent His Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Why do we constantly need to be reminded that we ARE healed? Perhaps it's all the busyness in this life. The Word tells us we ARE healed if we have received Christ and all He has done for us. God sent Him, His Word, to die for us, that we might be healed and have life.

So why do we complain and worry about the aches and pains of every day life or get bent out of shape over things that are no more? We have never been told that our lives would be pain free but we are given strength for those times. When we start to complain or let old hurts cause unsettling, we are not trusting God's hand upon our bodies.

By His stripes we ARE healed. Whether it's physical or spiritual, we ARE healed. If I'm struggling with a disease, whether it is curable or not, I AM healed...because I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. When we do this, He takes away our sins. My assurance of life after death is certain, so even in death, I AM healed.

Yes, God can take a person and bring a miraculous healing. I've seen it in our own church...someone diagnosed with cancer, has the paperwork to prove it and then it's just gone. Or the woman, who I personally know, with painful arthritis is prayed for and she walks out of the sanctuary pain-free! Doctors can't figure it out. But we know...something miraculous happened. But sometimes He doesn't bring physical healing. Does that mean that if that person is a follower of Christ, a child of God, we can't cling to the fact that this person isn't healed? NO. 

To me the most important healing is of the heart. When Jesus comes into our lives, our hearts are healed. We experience a spiritual healing that only Jesus can do. Death or lingering illness no longer needs to be "the end" of life. I don't doubt that being in the midst of a serious illness is not easy. Jesus suffered a lot so what makes us think we should get off without some amount ourselves? 

It's at these times that we need to cling to Jesus, cling to His strength, His power to get us through crisis. We might get through illness somehow and that's great. But sometimes illnesses last the rest of our lives. It's that thorn in the flesh from which the Apostle Paul was never released. It helps us to stay more focused on the Who than the what or the why...or at least it should. Sometimes illness results in death. It's the end result that is important to cling to. With Jesus by our side we have the hope of life after death. We have the hope of eternal life with Christ and death should not be fearful.

Where did all this come from? I had to remind myself yesterday morning when I awoke and the dreaded feelings of "not being interesting enough to be listened to" erupted after an excruciating dream I'd had...that this very thing had happened to me...that what I had to say in my dream wasn't interesting, or worth listening to...that the person I was with absolutely walked away from and stayed hidden from me. OMG, it wasn't until later yesterday morning, after I had written my blog, that it dawned on me what I had written eclipsed the very feelings I was having..."no one wants to listen to this." 
As I awoke with this feeling I said either out loud or very loudly in my head, "NO! I will not accept this feeling. I am a child of God." And what can a child of God know....that whatever...WHATEVER...was a problem from my past no longer needs to be. I AM healed, whether others choose to believe it or not. I AM loved by my Father in Heaven. When I received Him, I was healed spiritually and that includes those thoughts that the devil likes to remind you of and slips in your mind at all the wrong times.

The thought of not listening to, or pushing aside God's word...Isaiah 55 tells us that any word of God that goes forth from His mouth will not return to Him void and it shall accomplish and prosper what pleases Him. I'm believing that any word of His that I speak will do the same...somehow, somewhere, to someone.

Yes, we ARE healed...inside and out...whether it shows or not. Whether we live or die. Whether others agree or not. We ARE healed by the blood of Christ. We WERE healed when He died on the cross. When we receive that, we ARE healed. When we receive Christ, we ARE healed. Please be healed. I think just as God spoke of Zion, Israel, Jerusalem, we can replace them with our own names:

Jeremiah 30:17 - "For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the LORD, "Because they called you an outcast saying: 'This is Zion [Laurie]; no one seeks her."'

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Thank you for sharing. It is very refreshing to hear how God DOES heal us whether it be physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It's encouraging, isn't it, when we think "aren't" whatever it is at the moment, God has a word to tell us we "are." I think rising in the morning and repeating who we are in Christ should be a must...at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, SO very true ... we ARE HEALED!!!

    ReplyDelete