Saturday, October 30, 2010

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Lord God, Jesus our Savior, Holy Spirit our Guide and Comforter,

This is the day You have made, I rejoice and am glad in it. I thank You for Your sovereignty. I thank You that You are the Way, the Truth and the Life. I thank You that You guide us in all truth and wisdom, that You bring peace and comfort to the hearts of those who trust in You.

You ask us to seek You for the knowledge of who You are and for wisdom and truth. You give freely to those who do this. You give us discernment to see the signs of the times for this world. Although times may look bleak, You give us the peace that passes all understanding knowing that You are by our side to give us the strength we need in our troubling days...and in the ever more troubling days that are ahead.

I thank You All for the opportunity to have been called by You to know these things, these mysteries, the knowledge of who You are and what You can do. You are who You say You are and You can do what You say You can do. I know that You give the keys to Your heavenly Kingdom if we only admit we are nothing apart from You. 

Only You, Jesus, saves. Only You, Holy Spirit who resides in the spirits of those who receive Jesus, gives us discernment and wisdom and knowledge. I thank You that those who seek You will be given this same knowledge, wisdom and discernment. When these days appear to be confusing and troubling, You give us the eyes and mind to realize it is You at work to bring about Your plan. You offer us peace and joy in the midst of troubling times because we have the assurance that You are there to protect Your people, who You have called by Your name. I pray that in the days ahead, more will seek You that they may have the same assurance.

I thank You that You give the strength to go through trials that the world has to offer. I thank You that despite these trials, You have promised to deliver us out of them. You give your strength the moment we need it most. I ask that You call others to reveal these truths to them. I ask that You search their hearts that they would search for truth. 

There is no other name under Heaven who can bring true salvation. Let people not balk at this. Let people drop the walls around their hearts that prevent them from knowing You. Break through those walls, Lord God. I know there is a very specific way that You can reveal Yourself to each person, in a way only they would understand. You did it to me; do it to all the others. Let pride be banished that they would realize that it is You we should rely on, not ourselves. Without You we do not know the truth. Without You we will struggle. Without You we will have fear. Without You we will die. Without You we will be banished from eternal life. 

You bring hope to the hopeless. You offer peace to the anxious. You bring strength to the weak and powerless. It is in You we live and move and have our being. You are the Rock, the sure Foundation. Without that Foundation we will sink into hopelessness. 

This world needs to recognize You. This country needs to recognize You. You will return someday to take Your people and secure our lives. I wonder what it will take before others realize this? Will they have to go through struggles first? Or will they accept You now that the struggles will be met knowing there is a hand there to guide us through?

You have brought us, through signs and wonders, the knowledge of who You are. Who holds the stars in the sky? Who changes the seasons? Who causes the sun and moon to rise and fall at precisely the right times? Who created life? Who has everything under control? When I think of all the intricacies of life that Your hand created, I am in awe. From a seed, in all things, comes life. Seeds are implanted within birds, animals, plants and humans and they bring life. When a seed falls to the ground, it dies, yet it brings life again. Jesus, this is what You have done. You died, but You rose again to bring life to those who choose You. Let us choose life in You over death to the world. Let us comprehend the meaning of all this.

Thank You, Lord, that You never give up. You continue to seek so that You might save the lost of this world. This world will end someday, but we do not need to be part of that death. In You there is life. In You there is hope. Through You we have faith and that assurance. Let us who know You be a light in this lost world. When things get dicey, give us the strength that others will see and wonder. Let us be the voice of the one crying in the wilderness of a dying world. Let Your light so shine that others would see. Let Your light draw all men unto You. Soften hearts to receive. 

Thank You that You hear prayers. Nothing is too difficult for You. I believe we will see more of Your hand soon in this world. When the hearts of men fail, let them look up and see You; let them hear Your voice; let them feel Your touch....and most importantly, let them respond favorably to this call, this choosing You offer.

I praise You. I worship You. I thank You for what You are going to do. 

I pray these things in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen

Psalm 25:4-5 - Show me Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment