Monday, August 2, 2010

Remember Me


Jeremiah 3:1b - "...you have played the harlot with many lovers; yet return to Me" says the LORD.

God grieves for today's people like He did in Jeremiah's time. All He wants for those He has created and has given life to, to return to Him. The following comes out of Jeremiah 3-5. This is God's heart for His people...for us. Remember, He so loved the world and He loves us, but He's also willing to judge just to get us to return to Him. This word, God's word, in my words, is for our nation, like it was for Israel.

You have backslidden but I am merciful and will not remain angry forever. Just acknowledge your sin, that you have forsaken Me and gone about your own ways, seeking things that do not profit: control, power, money, greed, which are all forms of idolatry and self-centeredness.
What happened to "we the people, by the people, for the people?" When did it become all about you and not about what I can do? When did you lose your faith in Me? Why?
Return to Me, "for I am married to you...I will give you shepherds to feed you with knowledge and understanding" (Jeremiah 3:14). My knowledge and understanding, not man's.
I bring unity and peace spiritually if only you will accept it. Return to Me now, lest you forget Me entirely. Return to Me that you may receive your salvation. Return to Me that you may be healed. Without me you do not have these. I cannot be just a passing thought on an occasional day. I must be part of your daily living. I must be your main Source of life, your Bread, your Living Water, your Wisdom, your Love.
Return to Me and your shame will be removed. Obey My voice and see what wondrous things will happen. Return to Me and you will be secure in Me. You will have all you need...I will bless you.
Return to Me. Assemble, gather and become one in heart, mind and soul. Don't let your evil thoughts and ways destroy you. Return to Me and avoid My judgment. Turn your back on Me and My judgment will reach into your souls and you will know destruction therein. Remember, I came to give you peace. Return to Me and receive that peace.
As I created out of love but out of disappointment and anger at a people who have rejected Me I am able to destroy. Remember the Flood. Neither your possessions nor your weapons will save you. I am greater than these. Return to Me.
If anyone seeks the truth, let him come forth and I will pardon you. Will anyone come and know Me again? Will anyone find truth? Will anyone return to Me? I do not want to grieve you nor strike you...but...you have burst the bonds of my commands and gone your own ways, seeking your own gods.
Return to Me, the One who clothed you, fed you, protected you. I have done these things yet you believe you have done this on your own, without My help. Scoffers believe no harm will come against them, yet I will rise up. I will send a mighty, ancient nation whose language you do not understand. They will destroy yet I will not make a complete end of you. There will be a remnant. But as you have forsaken Me for a time, I will forsake you and allow you to fight your own battles until you understand where your help comes from.
Let your eyes see and ears hear. Return to Me. Look again for truth. Seek the truth of who I am that you may be blessed.

We who know Christ need not be troubled (John 14:27). Jesus promises "My peace I leave with you." Return to Me is His plea. Know Me, is His request. I am your peace in difficult times is His promise to those who seek and know Him. Just return to Him, call on Him when you are troubled and His peace will He give you. Not the world's idea of peace, but His supernatural peace. Not the idea of worldly security, but security in God alone. Faith should be in Him alone.

But what will you do in the end? ...return to Me and I will return to you...if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land...You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. (Jeremiah 5:31b, 2Chronicles 7:1,Psalm 86:5)

1 comment:

  1. That is SO it. Return to Me. He told us ... He tells us ... what part of "Return to Me" is too difficult for us to understand?

    ReplyDelete