Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Than Amazing

Nehemiah 9:5-6 - Blessed be Your glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise! You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and everything on it, the seas and all that is in them, and You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You.


There are days when I am in the Word or in a study of the Word when my heart feels like it's going to burst with love and joy in who Jesus is, who God is, and what He means to me. My salvation is in His glorious hands. He died for me. And for me to feel this special to Him is so personal. Jesus loves us all in the same way, yet at the same time, it's personal. The amazing thing is, there's no sense of jealousy over His love for others compared to me. There's no desire to steal Him away from others, like we would someone else we love. The only wish is that others would seek to know this themselves.

I wrote that first paragraph before heading to Bible study yesterday morning. When I returned home I had to continue with words that were spoken in our study that matched what I was feeling. Only God can prepare a heart before hearing the same message once again in a public setting. I can only say that this definitely was a word He wanted me to understand so fully. There was no way I could have known what today's study would have been about.

Although fear is not exactly an issue I'm concerned about at the moment, the point was made that God will empower us, His people, when we need it, when we are in the "tight fist of fear," as Beth Moore states. A bullet point in the study tells us "Every time you're in a tight fist of fear, remember you're in something much tighter.  Isaiah 49:16 says, 'See, I have engraved you on the palm of My hand.'"  Engraved, according to Webster's Dictionary is "to impress deeply." God holds His children, those who have heeded His call to seek Him over the world, so tight we are cut into His palm. Psalm 139:10 tells us Even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.

I do need to point out one other thing Beth told us. We must experience difficulty and go through it before experiencing victory. We must experience mourning to receive our joy. I'm not saying I was in a state of mourning, but some sadness when I felt the other day that I had departed from the Lord for a time on vacation. But here He was telling me, this morning, before the study, that He was still with me. Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. I believe yesterday morning He just wanted to reassure me.

Now to continue what I wrote prior to the study...the thankfulness I experience is sometimes overwhelming. I can go for days on end without this feeling, but at the right time Jesus will present Himself spiritually in my heart and the tears flow, my heart feels like it is enlarging. Maybe this is just a woman thing, the emotions and such, but I'm sure there are men who can feel this too. (Beth Moore even talked about emotions yesterday after I wrote this...that sometimes we women place too much emphasis on it being hormonal...men can have emotions also; they only try harder to mask them. How sad, when emotions can be healing.)

The depth to God's Word is simply amazing. You can read one scripture one day and it means nothing. Then another day it speaks volumes. It's all about God's timing and what He wants to show you "today."

I am constantly reminding myself that these are God's words, written and spoken to me. I cannot keep them from being spoken to anyone else. They are His words to all mankind. What I read in one scripture someone else may read differently. God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. He's all things to all people at all times. There is a depth to Him that is infinite. I totally believe that between every word, every sentence, every line, every paragraph, every chapter, there is an unseen, unknown part of God. He goes well beyond the depths of what we are able to read and comprehend. 

Our God is more than amazing. We often hear the word "awesome" to describe Him. He's beyond even awesome. We use awesome in our everyday language to describe something or someone. I think the word should only be attached to the King of kings and the Lord of lords.  It should be as sacred a word as the word G-d is to the Jews, a word that cannot be spoken because it is too sacred, too holy. It is done out of respect and reverence for God.

There are times when I cannot fully comprehend this salvation issue and it is my faith alone that carries me. There is so much we just don't really understand, we cannot put into words. I'm thankful that a day will come when all these mysteries of God will be revealed.  But for now they are in the recesses of those places between each word, sentence, line, paragraph and chapter. They are thoughts, ideas and maybe even emotions, only God holds.

He is greater than anything we know of and any problem we might face, beyond our wildest imaginations. He is high and lifted up, seated on His throne. He alone is God; there is none like Him. He is the great I AM, Almighty. The Free Dictionary definition of almighty is: Having absolute power; all-powerful. Webster's defines it in one word: God. I like that!

Jeremiah 10:6-7a - Inasmuch as there is none like You, O LORD (You are great, and Your name is great in might), who would not fear You, O King of the nations?  For this is Your rightful due.

1 comment: