Saturday, September 4, 2021

Finding True Wisdom

 “But where can wisdom be found? And where is the place of understanding? Man does not know its value, nor is it found in the land of the living. It cannot be purchased for gold, nor can silver be weighed for its price. 

From where then does wisdom come? And where is the place of understanding? God understands its way, and He knows its place. For He looks to the ends of the earth, and sees under the whole heavens, to establish a weight for the wind, and apportion the waters by measure. 

When He made a law for the rain, and a path for the thunderbolt, then He saw wisdom and declared it; He prepared it, indeed, He searched it out. 
And to man He said, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding.’”
‭‭(Job‬ ‭28:12-13,15,20,23-28‬)

We have seen a lot happen in the past 1 1/2 years with Covid-19. I don’t plan on getting political here.

Job asked a good question and pondered some points that maybe we also should be. While in this world we won’t always have the answers, we can know One who has them because He has created all things and allows all things to point us to Him. And that’s they key, looking to God for the answers, to gain wisdom that does not come from mere man.

Before I begin I want to share a testimony of God’s amazing goodness. 
I have not posted a blog since March of this year. Before then just minimal posts for about a year. Not sure why, but I thought it was just time to stop. 
Well, perhaps I was wrong. God had other plans. And He worked in exactly the way He knows how for me. The thought came last week to starting the blog up again. Not sure where the thought came from, I put it out of my mind, maybe thinking the Lord would let me know for sure if this was from Him or my imagination. Crickets for about a week.
Then I get a phone call this morning from a friend of ours. My phone was off so I didn’t receive it immediately. Listening to the message he left I was surprised to hear that Tom, you know who you are, wondered if he had missed some blogs. Seems on checking, his gmail account was lost through a technical glitch. He asked if he could add him to my list to receive again. 
Only God could do this! Not only did He reveal an issue for Tom but answered my question. I love how He works. So, hopefully a short blog for starters. (Hah!)

So, we might have been fearful and/or angry this past year regarding issues related to COVID. Again, I will not focus on that. I can tell you that during this time I have begun to trust more in the Lord, which draws one closer also. I listened to several credible online church pastors who all said the same thing: God is in control. Well, shouldn’t this have been something we’d known all along??

He IS in control as He has been and always will be. 
Because He is God. 
He has all the answers and He knows just what it takes to get as many as possible to look to Him, not government or man, to get us through all this. As one ministry leader says repeatedly, Things aren’t falling apart, they are falling into place.

Keep this thought in mind…the Bible says He was, He is and He is to come. This references Jesus. He was, as we know from Old Testament scripture prophesied. He is, as also prophesied and which account was seen by hundreds of witnesses. He’s alive today in the lives of His followers. And He is to come. He will return, as the Bible says, at a day or hour which no man knows. He will come as a thief in the night. And we must be ready today. 

But where can wisdom be found? Where is the place of understanding?  That place is in the Word of God. Divinely inspired, written, as it were, through the power of the Holy Spirit in the lives of about 40 men. Documentation of things, that we might know, that we might not be unaware. Not some newspaper or news media source, no matter how good, but what God’s views are. In order that we be aware, we must enter into that Word. 

Just keep in mind the thought that God is in complete control, He always has been, always is and always will be…Things aren’t falling apart, they’re falling in place. I’m sure there will be more to follow! And…

Revelation‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭- “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment