Wednesday, April 18, 2018

On This Day

John 15:19-20 - If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, “A servant is not greater than his master.” If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

Jesus wasn’t accepted by everyone. His words of truth and hope were met with awe and enthusiasm by some while others hated His words because they didn’t match their determined lifestyles. Some saw what good He offered. Others saw Him as a threat. Hah, the majority then overruled...for a brief time He was crucified for speaking the truth. However, someday there will be what seems a minority which will be the victorious ones.

Jesus is alive today! His words are still being heard, received, believed and shared by some. Others will still dismiss them. Those who have rejected the truth will miss out for eternity. Today believers in Jesus’ truths are met with rejection. Believers are thought of as different, overly religious (when it has nothing to do with religion), holy rollers...to avoid, to run from, to mock. 

All I can say is some day the truth will be known. I’m glad for having met the Truth (and Way and Life)...on this very day in 1999. It’s not always easy knowing some think you’re off your rocker. I await the day when someone has heard or read enough (from me or anyone else) to ask the important question: how can I know this Jesus like you do

Jesus said this: These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) As long as I live I will see this tribulation, like Jesus and like the new tribulations of today’s world. I won’t push the uncomfortable ways under a rug. I will acknowledge them knowing that the Bible has shown us this will happen and that Jesus will return some day to remove all the evil and restore this world to what it was meant to have been. But not all will be there in the end. Those who have rejected Jesus and the truth of His word cannot be counted with the remnant of believers. But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our heart. (1Thessalonians 2:4) 

Jesus’ words were not received even by some of His family. Believers’ words are not always received either. While we care deeply, we cannot be consumed. We continue sharing Christ to any who will listen...or pray someone hears. We all have a choice. We either please ourselves or God. These words ring true: 


Galatians 1:10 - For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

‭‭


No comments:

Post a Comment