Friday, January 12, 2018

What Are You Falling For?

Isaiah‬ ‭14:12-13‬ ‭- “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north."
‭‭
I heard the question above and it stirred up thoughts!

We think ourselves more highly than we ought. We think we can do a better job with our lives than God can. Guess again! Look what it did for the devil above.

We know we have an enemy of our souls, the devil, satan, Lucifer, Beezelbub...whatever name you want to call him. His job is to steal, kill and destroy mankind. (The opposite of God who wishes none to perish.) He preys upon us all. How? By lying to us. He will make us believe what is good is evil and what is evil is good. In the world we have very relaxed views on so many issues: marriage and divorce, sexuality, meaning of life (abortion, murder), human rights, government, politics...oh, and offending. 

Not too much of it is looked at from God's point of view anymore. I didn't look at it that way once either. It was my life and I was going to live it any way I wanted. It didn't affect anyone else, did it? Whatever made me happy. And, sadly, in the world it continues. But as frustrating as it is, I now know that this is the way the Bible tells us it will be...then Jesus will return to exact judgment. Just when you think this is the worst the world can get, it gets worse. I noticed that on the news this week.

As a friend emailed me one day...I seem to be at peace with my religion and I seem to take pleasure in it. Well, yes, I do! That can only come from God. Except it's not about my religion; it's about Who I know. It's about my relationship with Jesus. He brings that peace and pleasure. Yes! 

So, back to Lucifer! He became very proud in his status as an angel. He thought so highly of himself, he thought he could be like God, maybe even better. And God had a decision to make...kick him out of heaven. Pride caused Lucifer to fall. 

What are you falling for? The thought raced through my mind, like Lucifer fell from God's graces, so can any person whose pride in believing they can go through life, living their own way, without any regard for God. This is one of satan's lies. Are you falling for it? Shrugging one's shoulders at or thinking it's they way the culture is changing regarding to major issues today is compromising with the devil.

Those who stand with God and His Word and abide in Him will always be questioned. Some will go so far as to scorn. It's to be expected as a follower of Christ. 
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. (2Timothy‬ ‭3:12‬). But...The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. (‭‭Psalm 34:18‬)

What are you falling for? I fell for the lies for more than half my life. When the truth was shown to me I took a stand for Christ. I am not ashamed of the Gospel! It is by this Gospel that my life was saved, glory to God alone. I was not trying to prove anything to God. In fact, I was opposed to Him. I believed in God and Jesus. I just saw no need for Him in my life; I was doing okay. Or so I thought. One day, at my wit's end, God revealed Himself to me and that was it. I knew I needed Him. And He knew it also and changed my heart in an instant. 

What makes my heart ache is those who feel as I felt. I think about how some day, if they continue to avoid Christ, the truth will be revealed and they will regret having done so. What comes to mind is the story of Lazarus, a beggar, and the rich man. In a nutshell, both had died; Lazarus, the beggar, went to heaven; the rich man to hell. The rich man saw Lazarus in a good place and realized his mistake and pleaded that Lazarus be allowed to tell his family to not make the same mistake, which could not (and cannot) be done. Think about it. Lazarus was about as low as one could get; humbled by his lifestyle, believing in God. The rich man had everything, no doubt with some pride, with no need for God, yet those riches meant nothing at death. 

It's never too late to receive Christ nor is it too late to question God about the validity of it all. If one seeks, with all his heart, God will respond. Don't fall for the lies that a relationship with the God of heaven is not possible. I'll tell you, I had done many sinful things and probably hit every one of the Ten Commandments, yet God reached me. He had placed people in my life to help, though I wasn't very happy about their insistance at the time. God's timing was perfect. Whatever pride I might have had in my determination to live without God, fell. 

Are you falling for the lies of the devil or falling before the feet of Jesus? Falling for the lies is pride; falling before the feet of Jesus is about as humble as one can get.

Isaiah‬ ‭66:2‬ ‭- "For all those things My hand has made, and all those things exist,” says the LORD. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word.
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment