Saturday, December 30, 2017

Battlefield of the Mind

Ephesians 6:12 - For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

This is for YOU! 

Please read this! Don't throw it into the trash just yet. Don't delete it. Don't think it pertains to some but not to you.

I have to remind myself often the statement above! There is an enemy of our souls whose only job is to torment, to steal, kill and destroy, as the Bible says. He's angry and jealous with God and is seeking to take down as many people in this world as he can. He tells lies to everyone. One is how it is not so important to know Him and take Him and His Word seriously and it's okay to live as we desire because He will not allow anyone to not go to heaven. 

It's why we need to be focused on God and the truth of His Word. Truths can be hard. They can shatter what we have always believed, those lies. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer or a doom and gloomer. I'm just saying people need to know what is right and wrong. God is a good God. He wants none to perish. But He also knows when He needs to judge. And He will. And He will judge those who have not allowed themselves to learn the truth. But here's a promise:

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. (Isaiah‬ ‭26:3‬)

Perfect peace. Peace through Christ. Trusting in Him, not self or others, or a religion or denomination. Relying on Him. Knowing Him and His Word. Minds stayed and focused on Him, His truths, His Word. On Him.

Some people who have known me for many years know I have changed. My beliefs are different. My stance on things are different. I thank God for that, while others may not! He opened my eyes when I gave my life to Him. All I had believed, the same lies as everyone else, became blatantly, clearly errors. When the truths poured in I changed, not to everyone's liking. 

The Word of God tells us, once we are saved through the power of Jesus ...do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. ‭‭(Romans‬ ‭12:2‬)
“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)

How do we renew our mind? Through the Bible. That's where the truth hangs it's hat. If we get angry thinking we don't need to read His Word, we will miss out on all the peace. It is a battlefield of the mind, which we can overcome! We just need to submit to the truth. The world doesn't revolve around any one of us. Good chance our beliefs do not line up with God's. Who do we think we are believing we are smarter than God? He will judge us on that one! 

There will come a day when we all will know exactly where we stand with Him. Every knee will bow and tongue confess Him to the glory of God. We will be separated between true believers and non-believers. It will either be a glorious day or one of great sorrow. Don't be fooled into thinking you are right with God if you have not tried learning what truth is. 

Isaiah‬ ‭55:8-9‬ ‭- “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment