Wednesday, July 12, 2017

In The Wreckage



107:25-30 - For He commands and raises the stormy wind, which lifts up the waves of the sea. They mount up to the heavens, they go down again to the depths; their soul melts because of trouble. They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end. Then they cry out to the LORD in their trouble, and He brings them out of their distresses. He calms the storm, so that it's waves are still. Then they are glad because they are quiet; so He guides them to their desired haven.


When all goes well in the world or in lives there is a propensity to not have a need for God. There is no thought to what He has given or accomplished in lives, if that thought even exists. His voice, His call, His guidance and concern cannot be heard or felt over the noise of success and, all too often, distraction. All seems well; no need for God.

Then one day disaster strikes. Illness, death, job loss, dishonor, whatever might be causing turmoil. Who knows where this eventually takes a person. Drugs, alcohol, depression, thoughts of suicide, embarrassment? 

As I prayed this evening after reading the above scripture which yet again suggests that God brings down in order to raise up. The words that almost shouted at me as I uttered them out loud were in the wreckage of this world and in our lives. That's what it takessometimes for man to take notice of God. When there is nowhere else to go. When friends or family cannot help or console. When all seems lost. There is always One who cares. There is always One who is waiting for those who suffer to reach out and seek Him. 

I did this awhile back. It was a difficult time in my life. I did not know where to turn. I knew I couldn't give up. I knew there had to be a solution. I just didn't know how I could solve this problem. And eventually through someone, I "met" Christ. He knew I needed help. He knew it would be easy now to persuade me. And it was...so easy. And it was said that day that we cannot fix some problems on our own, but Jesus Christ can. 


In my church are many people who rely on God daily. Often through overcoming of drugs or alcohol, cancer or long illnesses, or unsaved family, or prodigal children, people have shared publicly they didn't know how they would get through these situations without the Lord. Oh, that others would understand this. 

Praise God!


Psalm 107:31-32 - Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! Let them exalt Him also in the assembly of the people, and praise Him in the company of the elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment