Sunday, December 25, 2016

It Pleases God

Galatians 1:15-16 - But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood...

Someone posted the underlined parts on Facebook. The revelation of who Jesus is in our lives is truly amazing...and a miracle. Everyone born of the Spirit is a miracle. This happened for me April 18, 1999. I've gone into detail previously. 

Just imagine, God being pleased to reveal Jesus to us. He knew us before we were ever born. He has known us since the beginning of time. These are difficult concepts for finite-minded people to understand. But God....

His love for us is never-ending. He is eternal and His love is eternal. He's the same today as He was yesterday and He will be the same tomorrow. What's also difficult is this: But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 When someone rejects or betrays us how do we react? You have to be honest and say it bothers you to some degree, at least for a time. Imagine the vast number of people who have rejected God. Yet this verse still stands true. An all-loving, yet judgmental, God ...so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16) 

It pleased God to reveal Himself to me. I am grateful for this. His revealing is amazing. It's exciting and encouraging. It's hopeful, peace-giving. Nothing else can be quite like it. And it's available to everyone. No matter who one is, what someone has done, how long they've fought against God. His love never fails and He is patient. He will take those people in, no matter what. 

Proverbs 8:17 - I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment