Monday, November 21, 2016

Who's Drinking the Kool Aid?

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

What an amazing message in church yesterday morning. Delivered by a late 30-something "elder." He's not a preacher but a teacher. So he taught. On something that just so has my mind wrapped up on these days. Truth.

Please excuse me if I repeat one of the best scriptures on truth above. It's the whole message about truth.

Tyler started by explaining perspective...how there can be more than one way to see something and both can be right, like two different views of a car accident. 

There is such a thing as absolute truth, according to God. It can be known. He shared what Pastor says often regarding the meaning of scripture: Two people can look at a verse and have two different interpretations. Either you are right and I am wrong or I am right and you are wrong. But we can't both be right. In order for anyone to know absolute truth we must know where this truth comes from. There is only one truth. Many others and myself are not drinking the Kool Aid! 

The only truth comes from the Lord Jesus Christ. I understand a person first needs to have a certain belief that He exists in order to agree with this statement. That means not suggesting that God's Word doesn't mean that for today. 

Belief is a difficult thing to explain. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24) The truth is, we must be taught and learn and live truth by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is where belief comes in. If we have not experienced a moment in our life when we know we were touched by the power of the Holy Spirit then absolute truth might become a problem.

There are times when we know what right and wrong, truth and lies, good or evil are. We just know. I have had discussions with friends on how wrong abortion is only to get the response it's a woman's choice or the situation has to be considered or think of the pain caused the woman. Absolute truth says it's wrong, and this will be argued unmercifully. God's Word says it's wrong, despite the fact some people twist what His Word says to suit themselves. 

God's Word is the truth. Period. If He says something is wrong, it's wrong, will always be wrong because He said so and He never changes His mind to make us happy. Some day the absolute truth will be made known. And a lot of people will be disappointed, angry, sorry they hadn't listened or believed. All people's lives are at stake when it comes to this Truth.

The truth is: I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)  Jesus is all truth. If we don't know Him, don't believe this with every ounce of understanding, we do not know the truth. There's a lot of unknowing going on in this world. Just what the devil ordered. Why would he want anyone to know the truth? How could he continue in his destructive habits if everyone knew the truth? He'd be toast, as he will be someday.

Jesus is the only way to this truth. The only way. The only way to life too. No truth, no life. Someday the truth will be made absolutely known. And as I said, anyone who has avoided this truth, rejected it, scoffed at it, said someone was drinking the Kool Aid, will be very surprised. 

In order to avoid the deceptions that are here today and will increase as the days go on, we must have this Holy Spirit power. We must have discernment. Not man's discernment but God's. I'm both terrified and dismayed that there are a lot of people I know without this understanding. But it is not by my power they change. They have to want to and they have to have Christ and His Spirit living within them. To the point where nothing else matters. All I can do is share truth.

Lord God, I pray that I would continue to grow in Your truth. I ask for Your strength, Your power to trust, learn and endure...at any cost. I might lose all my friends but if that's what has to happen to be counted Your child, then let it be. Give me the love and power to stand my ground for Your truth. Give me both a passion for Your truth and compassion for those who don't know it. I will forever praise You, my God and my King, You who holds the truth, who gives generously to those who want to receive. Open deaf ears, blind eyes and soften hearts to receive all You have to offer. Let perception be not of this world but of You. There is only one truth. Let it be known. 


John 14:16-17 - And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment