Sunday, June 26, 2016

My Confession

Hebrews‬ ‭10:23‬ ‭- Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

I started this blog this morning after reading this scripture before church. Finished it this afternoon. I say this because of the lyrics to a song I posted at the end. They ended up fitting so well.

How can I not hold fast the confession of my hope? I confessed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior 17 years ago. I confess I have strayed now and then but I always came back. The (reverent) fear of the Lord draws me back. I'm drawn because His Spirit reminds me of what there is on the other side of life on earth, both the good promises and the bad ones. 

Holding fast to my confession started with a confession, too. I confessed ...with [my] mouth the Lord Jesus and believe[d] in [my] heart that God has raised Him from the dead...and I was saved. (‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9‬)  This was a special moment. There was a change that took place in my heart and that change grew.  I had been touched by the Spirit of God, no doubt about it.

Have you ever done this? Did you confess Him and was it heartfelt, not out of obligation? More importantly, did it change you? Is God more important to you today than other things? Do you take time to be with Him, talk to Him, request His strength and wisdom for each day, thank Him for what you have, being content in the process? Is your Bible handy? Do you read it? 

Jesus must be confessed and considered daily. He must be so central in your life that when you forget to address Him you feel disjointed. How do I know this? I have been guilty. 

We need to confess our sins daily to Him. Yes, to Him. We 
all have sins to confess...daily. If we do not confess our sins daily I believe that is yet another sin...one of pride, believing we have 
no sin. The Word has words on that. Oooh, I was only going to post one verse, but I need to do more: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. (1John‬ ‭1:8-10‬) Honestly, I think pride is the #1 sin. 
‭‭
I confess that Jesus is the Son of God, that He came for you and me to die for our sins so that one day, when/if we confess Him and profess our faith in Him, He will cleanse us of all unrighteousness and we will be called children of God. Some people may think I've taken this a little too far. 

If professing Him as Lord and Savior was good enough for the disciples, it's good enough for me. It's an amazing thing that He does. Others may wonder what happened or why I changed, but 
the truth is, God is the one who did the change. People planted seeds in my life, others watered those seeds, but God ultimately brought the change in me. (1Corinthians 3:6)  He still is in the business of doing this. 

I can say He has saved me. He is the hope I cling to. When all else fails, He remains and doesn't change. Here are those lyrics I mentioned from I Still Serve an Amazing God:
I still serve an amazing God
He's been with me every mile my weary feet have trod 
He still cares, He still hears, 
He's still mending broken hearts and drying tears 
This old world is bound to change, but I'm glad I know the One who always stays the same 
And my song will ever be: Amazing God, You're still amazing me.

Matthew‬ ‭10:32-33‬ ‭- Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in 
heaven.
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment