Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What Is Good?

Micah 6:6-7 - “With what shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the High God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?”‭‭

...Proof we cannot do anything on our own to be once again reconciled to God. No offerings with improper motives. No works or labors of our hand. The Old Testament offerings were futile; they did not bring about permanent atonement for their sins. No sacrifices that we might choose.

That was then, this is now. 

New Testament, new man that God has redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. 
And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭9‬:‭22) No jumping through hoops, attempting to be better than so and so. No ladder climbing to make the bucks to be the man!  Receive  Christ. That's it.

Jesus requires what we can often miss as important.

Micah‬ ‭6:8‬ ‭- “He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but 
to do justly, 
to love mercy, and 
to walk humbly with your God?”
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment