Friday, December 13, 2013

Declared and Proclaimed


Isaiah 48:3,5 - I have declared the former things from the beginning; they went forth from My mouth, and I caused them to hear it. Suddenly I did them, and they came to pass. Even from the beginning I have declared it to you; before it came to pass I proclaimed it to you, lest you should say, "My idol has done them, and my carved image and my molded image have commanded them."

I've said this before. Our God has used His Word to give an account of who He was, is and will be. He has given it to us for a very good reason...that we should know Him and His glory. We should know that He is who He says He is and will do as He says He will do, as He has done throughout the pages of His Book. He has done this that we know there is no one else...no idol or image...and an idol can be something we trust so firmly in...money, entertainment, sex, food, alcohol, religion. We are to trust only in Him.

God has shown us examples of people who have believed, received, trusted and obeyed Him. And He has shown us what happens to those who do. He also has shown us people who have not heeded His Word and how He has reacted toward them. If our God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, how can we even consider that this does not apply to us today?

He is more powerful than we can imagine. Life has gone on year after year in what seems to be our own power. But remember that He is Sovereign. He can use both good and evil to allow His plans to succeed...or fail, if it is in His better interest that it does.

Our God never slumbers nor sleeps. He is fully aware of all things. He knows evil is growing by leaps and bounds. He is calling people...He is invading their lives and spirits in ways we cannot understand but, if we know what this God is capable of, we can only be in awe of Him.

Let me give you an example! A friend was telling me how her sister led a coworker to Christ. She asked him to see the Passion of Christ several years ago. He was deeply moved. He did not want to watch as Jesus was being whipped and bloodied and as he turned his head away in his spirit he heard, I don't want you to turn your head away. Turn back and see what happened to Me for your sake. As he got into his car he began to weep and when got home he gave his life to the Lord. Oh that more would weep for God's presence.

This man has a father in his 90's who is an atheist. I'm certain this son has talked to his father about Christ and has been met with resistance, which in many cases between believers and unbelievers happens. One day not long ago the man was visiting his father when his dad very seriously shared: I had a dream last night. I was told, "I am coming soon." In the dream I asked, "When?" I was told, "Very soon...and My wrath will be upon those who have done evil." This old man knows, or knew, nothing about God nor the fact that He will return and will pour out His wrath. But God....

And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. (Acts 2:17). Don't think He won't or can't. We cannot know just what our God is capable of. If He can cause a donkey to speak (Numbers 22), He can do anything....all things are possible with God.

The world is spiraling down toward those last days. We are close but we are told two things: we cannot know the day and...yet it will come quickly. He will pour out His Spirit in ways we couldn't possibly invent. Some will get it, some will reject it. We need to be ready, receptive and know just who this God is...now...not when it's too late. When the last days are solidly here we need to have our belief in Him and trust in Him settled already so anything that will happen won't come as a surprise and we will know how to put complete faith in Him for our needs in those days. It's what we should be doing even in better times.

He has declared the beginning from the end. He has proclaimed it. Has it been received? Has it penetrated spirits? Our minds are to be kept on Him. We are to know His ways, commands, promises...good or bad. We must understand salvation is of the Lord and no idol, image, person or religion...only in in Jesus Christ. That means relationship.

If God is going to come and pour out His wrath, we need to understand that many who say they are not wicked compared to someone else, are believing a lie. None are righteous, not one. Wickedness can be worded this way...sin...and that can be even in the security we place in our own wisdom, power or strength, believing we do not need God's help. He knows and sees even if no one around us does. If we rely more than we ought in ourselves and believe that nothing can harm us, we have no wisdom. He is calling people. Praise God He is because He wishes none to perish...yet many still will. And remember, He calls Himself I AM.

While the verses I've chosen talk about people bound in forms of witchcraft, I see how it also relates to other scriptures about people in the last days (1Thessalonians 5:3, Revelation 9:20-21, 17:2) and about anyone who trusts in themselves, things and/or others over God.

Isaiah 47:8-11 - “Therefore hear this now, you who are given to pleasures, who dwell securely, who say in your heart, ‘I am, and there is no one else besides me; I shall not sit as a widow, nor shall I know the loss of children’; but these two things shall come to you in a moment, in one day: The loss of children, and widowhood. They shall come upon you in their fullness because of the multitude of your sorceries... “For you have trusted in your wickedness; you have said, ‘No one sees me’; your wisdom and your knowledge have warped you; and you have said in your heart, ‘I am, and there is no one else besides me.’ Therefore evil shall come upon you; you shall not know from where it arises. And trouble shall fall upon you; you will not be able to put it off. And desolation shall come upon you suddenly, which you shall not know.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment