Friday, August 23, 2013

My Treasure


Matthew 6:19-21 - “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is,  there your heart will be also."

One thing I know about the scripture above is being in Christ means having the greatest Treasure there is. In Christ we are protected from the moth and rust. Thieves may come and try to take this Treasure but cannot. The greatest treasure is not something we hold in our hand but Who we hold in our heart. We say in Christ but He is actually in us.

When I see a world in unrest it's satisfying to know that I lay claim to not just the knowledge of who Christ is, I am His and He is mine. I do not need to worry about tomorrow or what I have need of because He already knows. Just like we cannot see that our hearts hold Him, His provision too is held securely within yet unseen, unshakeable, impenetrable. 

He is my Treasure in heaven. I will hold fast to that promise. I will trust Him no matter where I am led and what I must go through because of Him, my Treasure.

It is written that God has no earthly home. It does not have four solid walls, a floor and a roof. Miracle of miracles, He is able to reside within each of us if we allow Him access. We are made the spiritual temple of His Holy Spirt. If we allow ourselves to downsize the treasures of earth and allow the Treasure of heaven which cannot be stolen by any person, any government, any person desiring to do me harm, to reside. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. (2Corinthians 1:21-22)

When we first realize this Treasure we are apt to believe He is ours and that we found Him. In time, however, we realize we are His and we are His desire... He searched us iut. he is then Treasure that cannot be removed unless we force Him out. 

My beloved is mine, and I am his... I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine... I am my beloved’s, and his desire is toward me. (Song of Solomon 2:16, 6:3, 7:10)





No comments:

Post a Comment