Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cannot Be Removed


Isaiah 54:10 - For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has mercy on you.

As I spent time with the Lord this morning outside in the very early morning light watching the day begin and the sounds bursting forth, I looked out at all that was growing in our yard, the sun rising and shining bright yellow on the treetops. I marveled yet again at the beauty of it all. I am thankful for what I see. It shows me God's handiwork. I thanked God for these moments of peace before the noise of the day would start.

This is peacefulness. What if this was removed? What if disaster struck and we would see this no more? What if our world was turned upside down? What would we cling to? I know one thing is for certain. If we have Jesus Christ planted (no pun intended) securely in our lives, nothing can take that away.

If we have Jesus Christ, if we have nothing in this world, we have the Spirit of God within us. It cannot be removed unless we choose to push it out. We can cling to the knowledge of who He is and what He stands for...or who He died for. He is all we need. He is our portion. He is the very present help in time of trouble. He is the Rock we can stand on, the Tower to rush into.

But this only holds true for those who truly do lean on Him each and every day...not just in moments of despair, loss or fear. He must be in one's heart and mind often throughout the day, not just occasionally. The first thought in the morning, the last at night: Thank You for this new morning, thank You for this day and the rest You provide tonight. And thankfulness throughout the day.

We are not truly alive if we do not have Him. I'm so thankful because He lives in me He is always there and cannot be removed unless I choose to allow His Spirit to depart from me. When I acknowledged Him years ago, His covenant was then with me, included me. I was given, although I did not know it until later, assurance that nothing could take Him away from me.

Nothing can remove Him. Nothing..unless I choose to let Him go. In death, no matter what manner, He is with me. If I were a missionary and persecuted for my beliefs, no one could take Him away. If I die a natural death, He is locked in a place that no man can enter...my heart. If my heart be stopped, I am then His. Permanent, perfect peace.

Lord, I choose Your Spirit to remain in me to strengthen me, give me wisdom beyond what the world has, to see with spiritual eyes, to bring me peace despite what we see around us. Though the world may crumble, we can have the hope that You are in control. If we are stayed on You, there is nothing we need fear. Though I see an unsettled world, I am comforted by knowing You. You will give us all that we need when we need it. I choose to trust in You. I anxiously await seeing You face to face.

I pray Lord that You would touch those who do not know You in this very special way. I ask that You work in them at a very deep spiritual level, in a way they cannot explain away, that the eyes of their understanding would be enlightened, that You would give them the wisdom and understanding of who You are in their innermost being. Open their hearts to receive You and the hope You bring. Show them all that You are and can be to them.

Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
11 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment