Friday, July 16, 2010

My Prayer

Matthew 6:9-13 - Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

Heavenly Father,

You have shown us how we should pray. You have shown us how to worship You with our words and actions. You have said we should ask for Your guidance because You have given each of us a purpose in life. We must realize the provision You give; You give not as the world gives. You have admonished us to forgive others, just like You have forgiven us. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. We can realize the great protection we have when You are the center of our lives. We acknowledge You as the Most High God.

I praise You Lord for who You are. You are high and lifted up as You are seated on Your throne in the heavenlies. You are the Name above all names, You reign eternal. You are all that I need because You are my provider. I thank You for Your wisdom which is much greater than any man's. You are worthy of all praise and honor and glory. Only You are worthy. Thank You for this day. Thank You for the freedom I hold on to. Thank You that whatever life holds for me You will be by my side as my guide and comfort.

This world today strives to push You aside. I know better...that You will return some day to rule and reign. All will see who You truly are in that day. All knees will bow and tongues finally confess Your Lordship, Your awesomeness. I long for that day. You will return and all things will change...the change so many people don't realize they need. That will truly be heaven on earth.

Thank You for sending Your son Jesus to become the propitiation for our sins. He is the daily Bread. He is the One who speaks wisdom into my life and to those when they are ready to receive. Thank You for bringing that day to me. Thank You that day by day Your Word opens my mind to greater truths and discernment of those things in this world that are false. 

Keep me from turning away and prevent me from doing what my flesh wants to do. Thank You for being the Way, the Truth and the Life for me. Thank You this is what You desire for all mankind, no matter what race, religion or denomination. Let others know You this way. Thank You for seeking me, a lost sheep. Thank You for forgiving me of the wrongs I committed so long ago. Thank You that they are as far as the east is from the west and that You have forgotten them all. Thank You for forgiving as I ask for it each day. Thank You for Your never ending love and forgiveness. How difficult it is to understand such a great love...that no man can hold a candle to.

Thank You for being my Light today. Keep me out of the hands of my enemy. Keep me on the narrow path that leads only to what You desire this day. Strengthen me against my enemy with Your words, Your wisdom. Give me the words I need for each situation today.

Your kingdom reigns. No matter what we see in this world, my hope is secure because of You. Your power is greater than any other on earth or in the heavens. Your glory will shine and light this world in days to come. Come quickly Lord

So be it!

Matthew 6:13 - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment